Almonds a great health food
Almonds or badam as it is known in most Indian languages is one of the dry fruits that are rich in nutrients and also has great health benefits. The almond benefits for your health are numerous. Eating almonds daily is great for your health and provides numerous benefits. The health tips to improve your overall health is presented in this article.
Benefits of eating almonds
Expertsadvise that snacking on a handful of badam daily is great for your overall health. Go through these health tips of eating almonds, the best of dry fruits.:
- Great for the heart: Badam helps in raising HDL levels of cholesterol, which is good cholesterol. This is good for the health of your heart. Studies have shown that a handful of almond benefits your health as it reduces bad cholesterol by 4.4%.
- Energy-rich: Almond boosts your energy level. It is high in calories and low in carbohydrates and fills you with energy. It is a good mid-morning snack to eat. The energy it provides helps you to control your food cravings and makes you eat less, thereby helping in weight reduction also.
- Good for the brain: Children are advised to eat badam daily as it has riboflavin and L-carnitine, which boosts brain power and memory. Eating almonds daily help children to be healthy and helps them do well in their studies.
- Controls blood sugar: Almonds are great to control blood sugar. They have a high amount of magnesium, which helps in controlling blood sugar. Eating this best of dry fruits is a great thing for those with high blood sugar as it helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Strengthens bones: Almonds have a good quantity of calcium and also phosphorous, both of which help to strengthen bones. It can make your skeletal system stronger and prevent diseases like osteoporosis.
- Good for skin: Almonds have Vitamin E that help you keep your skin healthy. It prevents skin damage due to the effect of sun rays and also can make your skin glow.
- Helps in hair growth: Almonds have magnesium that promotes the growth of hair. Regularly eating almonds as a snack helps in solving the problem of hair loss.
As you saw, almond benefits for health are numerous. Almonds.in lists out more such health tips.
Make sure almond forms a part of your daily dietand also gift them to your loved ones as a gift of health.